IAX Phone Icon Request

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jun 13 02:39:06 UTC 2008

Hi Stojan,

Stojan Dimitrovski wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'd like to claim the "IAX Phone applications" icon request from the
> DesignService.
>
> I already finished a 48x48 Tango-standards (some exceptions as to the
> buttons and darker gradients) icon of the phone (smaller versions are to
> follow after the acknowledgment of this design).

Right now the default icon theme for Fedora is the gnome-icon-theme, but
that is very compatible with the Tango standards so this icon should fit
right in. Great work!

> Please do knock me out
> with suggestions on what to do with it and what to change.

I have a couple of suggestions:

- the buttons look a little flat. Can you try making them more 3D? A
cheap trick to do this is to just add a second outline around the shape.
I'd make the buttons maybe black as they are now, then a grey around the
black, then a white around the grey. Experiment and see what you can do.
If you need help let me know.

- It looks like your buttons are a little fuzzy... make sure the
outlines aren't inbetween squares of the pixel grid to correct this.

- It looks a little weird without the cord connecting the handset to the
phone base. In the 48x48 version you should be able to squeeze it in
although it would seem reasonable to cut it out in 24x24 and smaller.
What do you think?

Overall, this is awesome work and I'm very impressed. You're off to a
great start!