Fedora 10 Theme "invinXble"

Frank Murphy frankly3d at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 18:10:40 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 16:40 +0200, Martin Sourada wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 16:04 +0200, Samuele Storari wrote:
> > Hi guys!
> > After a lot of work I've retailed some time to design my proposal for the F10 theme, it named "invinXble", I think about the will of Fedora to don't quit, get better everytime, and at the difficulties that F had to fought on the "road to success" to become Invincible... or better invinXble.
> > The version 10 for me will be a great goal for this distribution and my purpose it's to use it in the concept.
> > U can find some layout at:
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F10Themes/InvinXble
> >
> > Let me know what do u think about that.
> > Ciao
> > Samuele
> >
> Let me add my comments as well ;-)
>
> I think these pictures you created look awesome, but I cannot help but
> feel that they are not good for being used as default background - there
> are too much of detail there. While I like the first two as well as the
> third one, the third one is best from usability POV.

I don't know have the first one here, on F9,
aside from the logo I think it's fine.
lost my dual setup with f9 :(

> As for making the third picture even better - maybe "defocus" the katana
> - it draws ones eyes onto it which is not good for a wallpaper. Blurring
> and putting it more to the background might be the way to go.

I find the focus on the katana (though is it a shin-gunto?)
fine, it is centred on(1) will catch the users eye on login.
But will most likely then be covered by whatever console\app(s) user is
running. Leaving the soft edges to be viewed\unless maximized windows.

I think many non-artistic users, who have not had to endure hours of
art-appreciation. Would maybe like the sharp imagery, and be able to say
"ah, it's a sword with some leaves blowing by"

from my 3\4 sp days, first q? to ask: Who is the customer?
In the main non-artists, but they still like a good image.

Frank