[Echo] Revamped system-search icons set (take 2)

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 09:27:28 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-18 at 01:03 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> Nicu Buculei a écrit :
> > Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> >> A draft for system-search with tweaking following tips about grid
> >> (version a).
> >> The shape looks like more binocular. The colour palette is not complete
> >> yet. Comments and suggestions are welcome.
> >
> > I think that one is much better looking. I guess you will have to
> > maintain two versions: this one for large size and a greatly
> > simplified one for 16x16.
> >
> Done, new versions available at
> http://luya.fedorapeople.org/echo/actions/
>
> Luya

Good work, still I have some comments to it. The icons are aligned to
grid only partially (only in some parts) [1], there are some problems
with gradients (most of them should be in the opposite way), and the
shadow seems a little misplaced. I addressed these issues in the 48x48
version, plus added some changes I think makes the icon better, take
whatever you want from it, but please fix (in all the sizes) the issues
I mentioned (crispness, gradients, shadow). When these issues are fixed
I deem the icon ready for upload.

I attach the fixed (and a little modified) 48x48 version. The things I
modified:

 * fixed the gradients in fills and made them less intensive
 * temporarily removed gradients in strokes (should be re-added when the
rest of the icon is finished)
 * fixed pixel grid alignment
 * made the lenses semi-transparent (0.3 opacity) in order to look more
realistic
 * minor changes to the shadow size and positioning
 * made the objective part a little less conic

Martin