[Echo] Multimedia-burner icon set draft

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 21:46:54 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-23 at 14:14 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> system-lock-screen should not be hard to do. We can use your monitor
> icon and put the locker on screen. system-log-out is a bit tricky
> considering the analogy.

Don't forget that the system-lock-screen is action icon, so we'll need
to redo the monitor in proper perspective, but yeah, it should be a
rather easy one. As for system log out - either consider expanding the
current one to all sizes or use the gnome-icon-theme metaphor (similar
to that used on emergency exits signs).

BTW. I've committed system-file-manager to 0.3.x branch as well and
added a bunch of new symlinks (copied over from the installed Rawhide
rpm I've built today). Just a side note, the new icons look great in the
menus (and they really do fit beautifully with the other "new" echo
icons like 'folder' or icons in the first level Applications menu),
though the system-file-manager might be better off with more contrast
(perhaps using lighter fills), but it's not a show-stopper, the current
one works great too :)

I hope to have more spare time to work on the echo icons during the
summer vacation so that we can make it in time for F-10 :-) Also, the
recent icons feel really great and are made in the very style I'd like
every Echo icon to have when we finally release version 1.0 (rather
distant future now...) - modern, 3Dish look, vibrant colours, subtle
gradients, good usability,... It feels like the real work on Echo is
just starting :-D

And of course, when we finish some decent set of how-to's and tutorials,
we need to start some real recruiting campaign (on the fedora websites,
on our blogs, on the mailing list, in fedoraforum, ...) ;-)