[Echo] system-lock-screen draft

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 23:00:36 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-06-24 at 15:44 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> New draft of system-lock-screen based on computer icon. Comments welcome.
>
> Luya
>
> Reference:
> --------------
> http://luya.fedorapeople.org/echo/actions
Not bad, here are few comments:
 * 16x16 version seems to have not very well defined shape, perhaps will
need further simplification
 * 22x22 (and 24x24) version should use flat perspective instead of
on-the-table
 * 32x32 is rendered in 16x16, I cannot say, if it's 32x32 or 16x16 one
by looking at the png
 * 48x48 - the top line is a little blurry, you can easily make it sharp
if you create the perspective by following the on the table perspective
how-to [1] (err... I just noticed it's probably because the lines are
not perfectly vertical/horizontal. Seems like you took the isometric
monitor and only deformed it in inkscape... Would be better to copy over
only the content of the display [wallpaper] and redraw the rest from
scratch)
 * the shadow in on-the-table and flat perspective icons should be only
bellow the icon, unlike in the isometric one
 * is there any particular reason for the lock to be plain white?
 * it would also help to create more contrast between the top and front
faces of the display

Martin