Fonts SIG Request

Stojan Dimitrovski sdimitrovski at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 21:27:46 UTC 2008

Hello everyone,

I was playing around today and I made this banner for the Fonts SIG
request up in DesignService. The idea behind it is that before computers
there were typewriters and presses. They used little metal letters which
when covered with ink/carbon they left an impression on the paper. So I
tired to recreate that with Inkscape. Of course they aren't a full
representation of the metal-type (something like Linotype), but close
enough (it's hard to recreate metal with Inkscape).

I used MgOpen Modata for all fonts. The first letters are latin but used
in many, many alphabets. The other ones are from the Malayalam alphabet
(Why? Because I think they are one of the most stylish letters ever
written!). I do not know their meaning or anything, but they look very
good.

Hope you like it and please do not be shy to beat me up if you don't
like it (make sure you say why you don't like it).

Thanks!

--
Stojan Dimitrovski

Web: http://stojance.lugola.net/