Name status

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jun 27 19:02:18 UTC 2008

Paul W. Frields wrote:
> I know that the Artwork team really wanted to unify the theme against
> the name, which is one reason we are trying to have it settled much
> earlier this cycle.  (And we can try for even earlier next cycle, to be
> fair.)
>
> What I don't want is for anyone to lose sight of the fact that the work
> the Artwork team has done for several releases now has been uniformly
> great, regardless of the code name of the release.  And it's all been
> done in an open, transparent fashion, powered by community ideas and
> purely FOSS tools.
>
> Having said all that, what are the Artwork team members' feelings about
> this?

I'm disappointed just because I think we were all eager to get to work
and we had some names (steampunk, neon, etc) that I think we generally
liked and started mocking up. That neither of them made it through the
process is disappointing since I at least had some investment in them.

However, I don't think this is anything that couldn't be remedied by
having the name available earlier.