[Echo] Multimedia-burner icon set draft

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 19:18:19 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-06-24 at 11:59 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> Martin Sourada a écrit :
> > Hm... not bad. Perhaps would be better if you used yellow-orange or
> > bright yellow-yellow gradient for the head, together with orange or
> > brown outlines?
> >

> Here is the draft.
>
> Luya

Looking great. Perhaps the eye could be black instead of blue (I just
somehow do not like the yellow--semi-transparent blue combination)?
Could you try one another variant with both waves being to the right of
the head, and the backwards one being more transparent? I wonder whether
it would look well and express the meaning of "echo" better...

If you'd go for the second variant (both waves on the right), we could
make a track header that would contain the text Echo Icon Theme (not
necessarily in one line), using some effects on it (like adding shadow,
gradient, outline), and placing it to the right of the head and waves,
symbolizing that the wave is echoed by the text.

Ah, and I just realized it, could you try to make it more 3D like
(meaning the head could look more like ball, perhaps some more complex
gradient would do the job).