[Echo] Multimedia-burner icon set draft

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 22:46:49 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-06-24 at 14:26 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> Martin Sourada a écrit :
> I made two versions so you can compare.
Seems like I didn't explain myself properly as to what I'd like. So I
attach, what I had in mind ;-)

I made the outline thinner, fit the image into square canvas (based on
your variants I used 140x140 px), added shadow, changed/moved the wave
planes, but also take some effort to align it to grid so that it could
be used as source for 48x48 px icon without any changes to the SVG.

Perhaps at least in the big variant (which will be in trac) it would
make sense to make the eyes slightly more complex?

As for the text that would be in the trac version, perhaps we could
align the three words in 3D in the table perspective in a way that all
words would stand on the imaginary ground (and thus would all have
shadows directly under them, unlike the floating-in-space head ;-)) It
came to my mind when I was thinking about how would the shadows look if
some of the words were floating...

But perhaps we could just go with the one, most important word - Echo
(and thus kill two birds with one stone :-D). Come think of it, it would
perhaps look better de-capitalised (echo instead of Echo), but it
probably depends on the font we'll chose.