howto print posters?

Andreas Nilsson nisses.mail at home.se
Tue Mar 11 12:02:33 UTC 2008

Valent Turkovic wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to print these posters:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/MarketingCollateral
>
> But I the print shop doesn't support svg file format. I tried printing
> to PDF from Inkscape but get terrible results :(
> I would like to sent them the print file in vector format if possible,
> is there any other option beside exporting posters as bitmaps?
>
> Cheers,
> Valent.

Hi Valent!
Did you try Inkscape from trunk? pdf support is a bit better than in
previous versions. (you can set dpi etc.)
Another thing you can try is to import the svg's (or bitmaps in worst
case) into scribus and generate a pdf from there, although I'm not sure
how good the svg support is in the stable version, so you might need to
compile that one from source as well. The scribus output will give you a
document in cmyk, unlike Inkscape were you'll just get rgb (even though
the printer can just convert it for you in most cases).
Very nice posters, btw!
- Andreas