Newbie Intro

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Mar 11 12:58:18 UTC 2008

Frank Murphy wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Frank,

> Apologies for any bandwidth concerns.

No problem

> New to list,
> haven't don't the other secure bits yet, ssh.
> have an unsigned gpg key as of yesterday.

Welcome!

> Haven't an art degree, just ncva level 2 (Ireland), in art (animation)

Then you have better degrees than me :D The most important is what one
can do, so don't worry.

> Newish to linux, love fedora (would love an art spin)
> like the artwork I've seen so far.

I understand you know we have somewhere in a far to-do list the Art
Studio spin.

> My still to be worked on site is here:
> http://www.frankly3d.com

Those images are made with Blender or are you using another 3D modeling
application?

> Hopefully I will be up to speed,
> with linux art by the time maybe F10-11 comes about.

Right now we approach the final stage of F9 theming, will have to polish
some desktop graphics, create some website graphics and some print
materials. There is also the continual icon development stuff, GTK+
stuff and a lot of smaller tasks [1], fell free to get your feet wet
with any of those.

[1] - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/DesignService