Wiki Migration

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Fri Mar 14 01:59:13 UTC 2008

Hey Mike!

Mike McGrath wrote:
> The Infrastructure team is looking to move to mediawiki and would like to
> work with your team to figure out how best to do that.  We have over 4,000
> attachments that we have no idea what to do with right now.  What would be
> optimum for your team?  Would a non-wiki solution work best?  Do any of
> you know of any gallery type plugins for mediawiki?

I forgot to talk to you about this - but the gallery2wiki plugin for
media wiki looks pretty sweet. It does dynamic galleries based on the
tags you add to photos. It seems pretty sweet:

http://www.transarte.net/mediawiki/index.php/Gallery2wiki

I have used gallery before and it's not bad so I think this might be
worth a try?

> How does your workflow work for the arts section of the wiki?  Does it
> work for you guys?  Do you like it?

It's okay for writing up specification style documents eg having inline
mockups in a spec or having a list of graphics for one specific purpose
(e.g. the release artwork mockups). But sometimes it would be nice to
have a galley of all the artwork of a specific style, e.g., to be able
to tag all artwork that is a banner and be able to have a dynamic
gallery of all banners would be awesome! Or to have one gallery of all
the mockups and iterations of one particular piece we're working on
would also be helpful.

> Anyone here interested in helping with the wiki migration?  As you can
> see, we've got a LONG way to go.
>
> https://publictest1.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork

Count me in, what can I do?