Wiki Migration

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Mar 14 17:24:26 UTC 2008

Ian Weller wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Mar 2008, Nicu Buculei wrote:
>> I think such category pages may solve the problem without the need fir
>> integration with an external gallery (integration made with an "alpha"
>> plug-in).
> Galleries can be done within pages with the <gallery> tag, as seen at
> [1].  It looks like category galleries are automatic with media files;
> they just have to be added to galleries on the image's information page
> (just hitting 'edit').

It would be even better if those galleries could be generated
dynamically (like the category pages) but I think they are good enough:
we can use static galleries in some cases and categories when needed.

Note: I am not opposed to having a stand-alone gallery, be it Gallery2
or something else but I think 1) it should offer the features we need (I
am not very convinced Gallery2 offer them, but I have studied it
briefly) and 2) if we ask too much from the start we may end getting
noting, so small steps are good sometime.