brainstorm: which sulphur variation?

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Mar 17 08:29:07 UTC 2008

Ian Weller wrote:
> Throughout Waves/Round3Final [1], we see the plain Fedora logo on waves,
> the Fedora logo with non-burning sulphur on waves, and the wallpapers
> with burning sulphur.  Should we plan to standardize it across the board
> or keep it creative?
>
> My argument for standardization is that the purpose of the theme is to
> standardize all of the graphics, however my argument against it is that
> sulphur is different in nature, depending on how much there is or what
> it's with.

I think standardization is good.

> I personally would like the Fedora logo with the sulphur in all the
> images, but we'd have to reburn it, and the Fedora logo might look like
> it were on fire.

I like *a lot* the combination of logo and crystals from the Firstboot
image but I also know we don't want logos on the desktop wallpaper, so
it won't be used there.

The RHGB screen is all blue, a bit of monotone, a bit of color (a yellow
crystal. with or without logo, with or without flame) would make it more
vivid.