F7 Art Programs Used?

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Tue Mar 18 14:09:57 UTC 2008

Frank Murphy wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 15:17 +0200, Nicu Buculei wrote:
>> Frank Murphy wrote:
>>> Can someone lmk, what apps were used for the background?
>> Are you asking about Fedora 7 and the Flying High theme? That was made
>> with Photoshop (don't ask :p ) by Diana, who is no longer with us (GIMP
>> can open .psd files).
>
> I'm asking because my brain seems to see 3d, rather than 2d,
> and if I can swing fedora 3d apps to my use, 3d wouldn't be dismissed
> out ofhand?

Absolutely, feel free to experiment with Blender and the other 3d tools
offerred in Fedora. There's nothing against 3D artwork in Fedora :)

The F7 artwork isn't 3d though, it's a layered photomanipulation which
is easy enough to do with the Gimp. The F6 artwork as Nicu mentioned
makes use of 3D art that Mola created in Blender.

>> For ulterior versions (F8, F9) it mostly Inkscape and GIMP. Note that
>> some other applications where used and probably will be used, the F6
>> "DNA" theme was a combination of Blender and Photoshop/GIMP.
>>

> Have also installed gimp, inkscape, makehuman (fedora) ,
> and Povray (atrmps, why not in fedora?)

Not sure why Povray is not in Fedora :(

> So will work on some stuff 3d based :) (foss)

Great!!!