art team status

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 19 16:02:03 UTC 2008

Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Máirín Duffy wrote:
>>
>> 1) F9 default theme

> Which splashes are not that big: at least the GNOME splash is well
> hidden and not used by default.
> We can do also a (un)lock screen, but neither that is that important
> (not enabled by default)

Good point :) We can just do basic designs similar to how we took the
other artwork in F8 and made it into these designs. (E.g., we took f8's
rhgb to create the gnome and KDE splashes and the wallpaper to create
the lock dialog)

>> 2) Granting art group access in the account system
>
> With my newly acquired sponsor hat on: what we do with pending approval
> requests? I see 5 such requests in the queue (and none of those names
> are familiar to me), we'll send an email to them asking for introduction
> on the mailing list? Ask also for a small task as discussed last week?

Yeh, this sounds like a good idea. We should draft a standard email to
send to art group requesters asking for an introduction and completion
of a small task with pointers to the design queue or mailing list for
task assignment.

>> 3) Painless Releases Meeting

> Indeed, this time the release was chosen earlier but not early enough
> for our process. Maybe can we also adjust our rounds a bit?
> Anyway, it would help to know at least when the new codename will be
> announced and plan our schedule accordingly.

Definitely, we could shift our schedule according to it as well.

>> 5) Linux action podcast interview

> Do not take this the wrong way: you have a tendency to be a little to
> aggressive when faced with trolls, try to not feed them.
> I am eagerly awaiting to hear the podcast...

lol, I definitely can't argue against that, I'll try to be tame ;)

>> Let me know if you have anything to add.
>
> 6) Media CD/DVD labes.
>
> I have an idea about this, will try to get something, but everybody is
> invited to play.

Awesome! Look forward to seeing this :) The wolf you did for the F8
labels was great.

> 7) Release counter
>
> The counter for the F8 release was a good idea, we need to to that
> again. Maybe talk on the release meeting about the need to firmly know
> the exact release date a few weeks in advance for this counter to be
> effective.
> This time we have more time, maybe we can code the counter in advance
> and have something dynamic and easily included in other websites.

Ah I completely forgot about this - great idea, I will be sure to bring
it up!