Experimenting with weekly Wake theme

Luya Tshimbalanga luya_tfz at thefinalzone.com
Sat Mar 22 16:01:56 UTC 2008

Quoting Martin Sourada <martin.sourada at gmail.com>:

> On Sat, 2008-03-22 at 00:15 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> > Incorporating the idea originally from Shoowa theme, I added a subtle
> > effects on Wave theme background to represent the number of day where
> > nothing means Sunday, one small round is Monday and more. I have used a
> > vaccum on some svg which caused a funny effects.
> >
> > Note: the file is really huge (46 MB) so I have tarred them instead of
> > putting each image separately.
> >
> > Luya
> >
> > Ref:
> > http://luya.fedorapeople.org/packages/wave_theme.tar.bz2
> >
> Hi,
>
> the funny effects you talk about is the missing sulphur stone in some of
> the images, or is it intentional? However, opening the affected SVGs in
> inkscape results in correct image, so exporting to PNG should work OK.

Not intentional. I have saved the fine in plain SVG and used vaccum which leads
to that unexpected result.

> Next, it is a real huge set of wallpapers and unless we could do some
> kind of diffs between the wallpapers it is far to much for being default
> wallpaper set (at least for Live CDs), IMHO.

Yes, I have not got time to downsampling them.

> I also noticed the PNGs included are not sharp. How did you get them
> from the SVGs? Direct export from SVG (in inkscape) does not show this
> rather low quality rendering.

I have used ImageMagick convert function.

> And now to the general idea. I am not opposed to the idea itself, also
> representing Sunday as 0 is interesting, since it is start of the week
> for some countries, while Monday (in your counting number 1) in another
> ones :) But, I don't like very much how it is implemented. When I looked
> at thumbnails (in nautilus) at first I thought that the circles are part
> of the flame (you know, when part of a flame separates from the rest and
> flow upwards) which I thought was great idea, but actually seeing that
> it is more or less plain circles sort of disappointed me.

The concept is not fully complete hence the reason to get the svg version
available for edit.

--
Luya Tshimbalanga
Fedora Project contributor