Fedora KDE splash

Klaatu and Gort gort.klaatu at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 22:19:23 UTC 2008

I'm fairly sure KDE 4 supports what I think you're referring to.  You
mean how the icons load progressively across the black graphic area?
If so, it definitely does this.

If you're referring to something else....I still think KDE 4 supports
this.  I'm using KDE 4 on one of my machines and it's a pretty fancy
splash screen.  Either way, I'll read up on it and make changes if
needed.

- klaatu

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 2:19 PM, Mark <markg85 at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/3/25, Klaatu and Gort <gort.klaatu at gmail.com>:
>
> > First time submitting.  Forgive any noob mistakes.
>  >
>  >  Following the overview at
>  >  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/ThemingOverview I've begun
>  >  working on the KDE side of things.
>  >
>  >  Can't post to the wiki yet, so I'm just attaching the art files; a png
>  >  version and the svg source.
>  >
>  >
>  >  Suggestions? Ideas? Jokes?  let me know!
>  >
>  >
>  >  - klaatu
>
>  Looks nice!
>  but is KDE4 supporting transparent splashes? don't know in KDE4 but it
>  wasn't supported in KDE 3.*

---
use linux. support free software.
subscribe to http://www.thebadapples.info/ogg.xml