[Echo] Reworked media-optical icon

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Sun May 4 22:51:33 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-05-04 at 18:38 -0400, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> Quoting Martin Sourada <martin.sourada at gmail.com>:
> FYI, Fedora 9 seems to use emblems for the media. As for the optical-media, I
> honestly don't think this kind of gradient works due to their metallic and
> dispersion nature. Having different colours would be enough and leave the label
> for the emblem purpose.

I am on fully updated Fedora 9 and it does not seem to use emblems for
media types. If you look into gnome icon theme, you'll see that the text
is included in the icon.

As for the gradient, I picked what seemed good-looking to me and what
followed the guidelines, I tried adding various types of reflections
(imitating the dispersion), but it didn't seem to look much good...
However, the type of gradient I used (colour put aside) works quite good
for the label side of the media, the reflective side is IMHO too hard to
visualise using Echo style.