Confusing CD sleeves...

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed May 14 12:16:27 UTC 2008

Valent Turkovic wrote:
> I'm preparing to manually print CD labels on CD's of Fedora 9 and I
> would also like to make them look more professional so I'll also print
> CD sleeves.
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/MediaArt/F9
>
> There are a few things that aren't aren't clear to me.
[...]
> 2. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/MediaArt/F9?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=F9_CDSleeve_thumb.png
> CD and DVD sleeves have text saying "x86_64 Live CD" People ask me a
> lot "What does that mean", and "is this 64bit only" ... etc... etc...
> Could you please consider making this text something like (runs on 32
> and 64 bit architectures of processors" or something like that that is
> more human friendly and not confusing?

Could you consider opening the SVG with Inkscape and using whatever text
you want? The intention for those labels is to be used as templates, so
you can put live CD, live DVD, install DVD, install CD #n, i686, x86_64,
ppc, whatever spin and so on.
Otherwise we would have to put on the wiki CD labels for *every*
possible combination.