SVG files in the wiki

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 29 14:42:49 UTC 2008

Jon Stanley wrote:
> On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 9:34 AM, Jeffrey Ollie <jeff at ocjtech.us> wrote:
>
>> I believe that the wiki is using rsvg behind the scenes to render the
>> SVG.  In theory though, it should be possible to use Inkscape's
>> command line facilities to render the SVG.  I've never tried it
>> though...
>
> Yeah, but how expensive would that be server-side? Are there
> comparisons somewhere between using rsvg and Inkscape's CLI tools as
> to overhead?

I know that rsvg is not able to render many of the effects possible in
Inkscape-produced SVGs. Actually I still have file preview turned off in
nautilus on all of my desktop systems because if I turn it on it crashes
nautilus instantly because of rsvg bugs in rendering thumbnail previews
of the SVGs I have in my library.