New designer here.

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Nov 25 07:13:08 UTC 2008

Ibis Fernandez wrote:
> Hello all, I'm looking to get involved in the project. I have over 11

Hi,

> years experience in character animation and design and am looking to
> contribute artwork and (or) animation pieces, perhaps even join a dev
> team interesting in developing animation apps for linux. Were do we begin?

The first step to becoming involved in the project is our request queue:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/DesignService

Currently we don't have here at Fedora an on going project [of which I
would be aware of] creating animations, but that is probably because we
lack the skill.

A few days ago Tatica was telling me about how she think it would be
useful to have an "intro", a promo video good to have playin in hte
background at various events. She it playing with Blender and explore
what is possible to do with it (we also have Mola which is experienced
with Blender).

As for application development, we don't do that here, the development
is best happening upstream (at Blender, Synfig or whatever) and then
getting the software into Fedora.