Fedora 10 release banner - text to path conversion

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Tue Nov 25 10:59:58 UTC 2008

----- "Nicu Buculei" <nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro> wrote:

> Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> > Paolo Leoni wrote:
> >> I think that the font that you're looking for is MgOpenModata,
> it's
> >> in
> >> the standard repository, type:
> >>
> >> yum -y install mgopen-fonts
> >
> > Thanks,
> > I've already "dig" it from SVG source, investigation work :)
> Inkscape should
> > complain about missing font!
>
> Offtopic: no isn't Inkscape's work to complain, your word processor
> don't complain for a missing font, your PDF viewer don't complain,
> your
> web browser don't complain and so on. The applications try to find a
> matching font available.

I know and you are right but a long time ago corel complaints about it.
It's OK for word processor/PDF viewer to match available font and show
at least something you can read. For gfx it's not what I want, I need
exact look. But you know, I'm not artist, so it's my own lama opinion :)

> > So second try:
> >
> http://rezza.hofyland.cz/fedora/artwork/banners/fedora10-0day-banner-kde.png
>
> Yes, that should de it.
>
> I hope I will not annoy you with an idea I got right now: the leftmost
>
> screenshot, the basic KDE desktop, could be recognized by two
> elements:
> the dark bottom panel and the upper-right widget (I don't know its
> name), but that widget is not very visible. Probably it may be
> possible
> to play on the Y and Z axis to make it more obvious.

Ok, thanks! I realized it before and I think better is to switch 1st
and  3rd screenshots - the 1st one is more important than login screen.
Now the whole panel is visible and same for that upper right "handle".

http://rezza.hofyland.cz/fedora/artwork/banners/fedora10-0day-banner-kde.png

R.