[Echo] format-text-* icons

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 15:42:20 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-06 at 18:18 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Martin Sourada wrote:
> >
> > After few tries I decided to go "button-like". It is like you create a
> > button with the shape of the original letter, but without any holes in
> > it and draw the letter on it. First it is consistent with e.g.
> > dialog-cancel design, second it is easy to recognise and third (and most
> > important) - when you add the holes, it makes the icon hard to read.
>
> I think I have to *see* those "button-like" icons in a real toolbar to
> decide if I like the style. The PNGs saved on my desktop do not look
> good on a colored background, but not that bad on a light gray one
> opened with eog.

Well, the first impression is not the best one in this case, you are not
used to this type of icons, but after a while it gets better - during
the long time I've created these (I didn't have much time to work on
them) I grew to love them...

> I think the shape for striketrough would be better with the dash on the
> same plane as the letter face, not on top of it (attached). Probably you
> can do it better with extra details (show the top of the dash).
I haven't tried this one but it seems to look better :-)

> And I attached a preview with all the icons grouped, I find it much
> better for previewing.

Well, previewing is best in tool bar... but for that I would need to add
the icons to the theme first (I've done this with some of the system ->
administration icons) ;-)