nodoka 0.8.x branch, configuration

Elmar Tielke elmar.tielke at t-online.de
Fri Oct 10 15:04:33 UTC 2008

Hello there!

Congratulations for a very nice GTK engine! I have been playing around
with it for a while now. I'm currently using a mix of nodoka and murrine
elements in my gtkrc (intended to be OSX-like). I'm using the 0.7.1
version of nodoka for most of my theme - murrine is used for the
buttons.

I made two small modifications in nodoka to get a different
hilight-effect with the progress- and scrollbar_fill. I thought it might
be worth an idea to make this configurable by introducing two style
variables to specify the hilight values and the gradient center used in
nodoka_draw.c

The variable containing the hilight values could be a list of
float/double values with default setiings from nodoka_draw.c

#define GLASS_HILIGHT 1.1
#define BULGING_TOP_HILIGHT 1.105
#define BULGING_BOTTOM_HILIGHT 1.06
#define HOLLOW_TOP_HILIGHT 1.147
#define HOLLOW_BOTTOM_HILIGHT 1
#define DARK_TOP_HILIGHT 1.487
#define DARK_BOTTOM_HILIGHT 1

The gradient center again defaults to the value from nodoka_draw.c

#define GRADIENT_CENTER 0.7

Variables might for ex be:

hilight_shades = { 1.1, 1.105, 1.06, 1.147, 1.0, 1.487, 1.0 }
gradient_center = 0.7

What do you think?

Regards, Elmar