F10 artwork questions

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 16:03:43 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-15 at 18:38 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Bill Nottingham wrote:
[...snip...]
> > The poster on http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F10Themes/Solar -
> > it doesn't appear to be valid English, certainly not in the header.
> > And I'm not sure what "an all branded new way of technology" is.
>
> The post is not part of the release and should not be a blocker for
> packaging (and I agree with you, its wording can be improved - we don't
> have a better text from marketing).

I forwarded to Marketing for some input.

Also, I think the radar echoes (or whatever you want to call those
concentric circles) look out of place.  I think these came from the Live
USB creation station.  Removing them could make the art a little
cleaner.

It also might look cool to bring the solar body closer to the viewer --
i.e. seeing less of the sun, with less curvature, as if you were flying
close the surface.  This might help accent the idea that the viewer is
supposed to be excited by what's coming, and it's not fully revealed
yet.

--
Paul W. Frields