Fedora Remix mark

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 15 21:16:34 UTC 2008

Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-10-15 at 15:40 -0400, Greg Dekoenigsberg wrote:

>>> Yay art opinions!
>>>
>>> So, I strongly dislike what is done to the R of Remix in "13".  Maybe my
>>> eyes suck, but it just looks like something went wrong when drawing the
>>> R.
>>>
>>> Overall I think I prefer the rounded 9, although I can't tell much
>>> difference between it and all the choices from Jay and Nicu, except for
>>> the (mis)spelling of "remix", and well, COLORS!
>>>
>>> I'd prefer something like 9, with remix spelled correctly, and as many
>>> color options as possible.
>> I don't suppose we could just defer to the Fedora Art team to make a
>> decision, since we have set them up to be the authoritative voice on
>> precisely these kinds of matters?
>>
>> I'd rather see Mo/Nicu/et al making the call than Jesse.  Not that I don't
>> love Jesse.  ;)
>
> I'm OK with that call.  I think the rounded banner definitely works best
> in everyone's opinion as being more thematically related to the font
> choices.  So Artwork team, what do you say?

My recommendation is this design, but let's try it with
remix spelled out normally instead of with the !.

https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/6/61/Fedora_secondary_logo_drafts_nicubunu_color.png

Do we need to provide a palette of possible colors? Or is it
okay to be open-ended in the usage guidelines for this mark?
Or both? :)