Fedora Remix mark

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 16:02:59 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-17 at 11:39 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Paul W. Frields wrote:
> >> Way to go! I think these look great.
> >>
> >> Using this, here's my stab at an initial (albeit sparse) set
> >> of guidelines:
> >>
> >> https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/2/29/Fedora_secondary_logo_draft_guidelines.png
> >>
> >> (I changed the blue lozenge to the lighter Fedora blue so it
> >> would stand out on dark backgrounds better.)
> >
> > Super work!  A couple corrections --
> >
> > * Remixers are permitted to use transparency for filling the "remix"
> > word where desired.  Counsel specifically agreed to this.
>
> In practice it doesn't actually work that well. For 9 of the
> 10 background colors I used (the only one it really worked
> for was black) you could hardly read "remix".
> >
> > * The "recommended" palette should be marked as "approved" instead --
> > unfortunately we don't have the option to allow an arbitrary color
> > choice.
>
> Oh I thought we had decided on a recommended palette and
> were able to give folks the option to choose other colors?
> So it's impossible for them to use osther colors?

Not impossible for the remix lozenge (I LOVE that word!), but they would
have to specifically ask.  Frankly counsel is not eager to offer
additional options, so we're not going to call it out if it's all the
same to Artwork.  We can handle requests on a case by case basis.

The "fedora" word, of course, can only be our approved blue or white for
color treatments.  We should probably also have treatments for a
monochromatic or grayscale situation.

--
Paul W. Frields