New design for Get-fedora section

Mairin Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Mon Oct 20 00:46:30 UTC 2008

Juan Camilo Prada wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-10-19 at 19:49 -0400, Mairin Duffy wrote:
>> Juan Camilo Prada Ojeda wrote:
>>> Im open to any feedback you can provide
>>>
>>> [1] - http://jprada.fedorapeople.org/out/en/get-fedora
>>> [2] - http://publictest15.fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora
>> This doesn' t look like:
>>
>> http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/webdesign/get-fedora/
>>
>> ~m
>
> Not sure what you mean by that, but taking a look at what you have
> there, i would say that the first section where the Desktop live media
> is promoted as the only option to download, might be good to use it in
> the home page, as we discussed some time ago (if in previous meetings
> you all changed your mind and decided that this was the way to go then
> please ignore this comment).

Maybe I don't recall the last of the many, many discussions we've had on
this page but I kind of thought there had been some consensus on the
design link I posted... which was done based on feedback on this list
about the first few designs.

As I believe was mentioned the last time this page was discussed, we
really need to avoid a field of buttons and widgets all over the page.
This does not make getting Fedora simple. In fact, I believe we had
discussed the first page being simple, and there being a more advanced
page that maybe could look like the mockup you've done? (Am I going senile?)

> Now, the information on how to upgrade fedora seems very useful but im
> not sure if it should be there or in any other sub-page linked from the
> get-fedora section, that might be something to discuss (again if this
> was discussed before ignore this).

I think maybe you might want to check the list archives to see the
discussion because I think you may have missed it.

> The other download options is pretty much the same i have on the third
> column although yours looks more polished. I'm gonna try an change the
> style on the third column to make it look more like what you have there
> and see how it looks-

Can you implement the page as it is in the mockup?