Proposal: Wallpaper extras submission/packaging procedure

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Fri Oct 24 21:00:15 UTC 2008

Ian Weller wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 05:55:19PM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>
>> There has to be some kind of review process both for the wiki and or
>> contest.
>>

> I agree, I thought of this a few seconds after I sent the email (and
> then became drastically distracted) -- but I don't think a contest is
> the right way to go.

Well we either have to go with all submitted that meet the "technical
requirements" wallpapers then or we dont..

> Perhaps a few guidelines can keep submissions (and RPM sizes) down. We'd
> need to come up with those. Or, perhaps, some sort of voting scheme or
> committee, which would decide each individual image.

As nicu pointed out when I discussed it a little bit with him today on irc
that for example, who would be in that committee?

Everyone on this list would want to contribute....

> Or! a quota for how many images can be in each package. And instead of
> categorizing images, why not have the packages by month? For example,
> wallpaper extras decided by a certain date in December and on the
> mirrors in January.
>
> </idea_overflow>

First I would say we need a subject or a theme or something to focus on
for this months
photo/art project. It would gives something to focus on instead of
trying our selfs to come up with something.

Second it should be taken ( the photo ) or created during a certain time
period that again would put art lovers to create
up with create something new( instead of going into archives ).

Third it needs to be categorized for example.

In the photo contest we have at work you are only allowed to enter
photos that  has not been altered in any way other  than
you may have "enhanced" colouring on the raw output of the photo, no
photoshop-ing or gimp-ing allowed.

Then we have another category you can alter the original image as you
see fit through photoshop or gimp or other image editing program.
you can add others like  the people that can create this stuff from
scratch ( I know I cant ) as in drawings, water paints oil paints 3d and
so fourth.

</idea_overflow_continued>

JBG