Fedora F's buttons

Gian Paolo Mureddu gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx
Sat Oct 25 09:14:52 UTC 2008

Clint Savage escribió:
> I do.  I have done that before many times.  I'll look into doing that
> on sunday.  I assume you are referring to the fact that I need to make
> the images CMYK and making them pdfs so printers won't complain.  I'm
> capable of doing that :)
>
> Thanks for the vote of confidence.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Clint

You don't have to do that, actually... However Scribus SVG support is
rather flaky and most of the time (except for really simple "kosher" SVG
files) you will get an error stating that some features of the file were
not supported. Also it tends to get the size "wrong", not the actual
size of the drawing, but rather it kind of adds an additional "holding
box" to the drawing. My personal recommendation when handling graphics
with Scribus would be to export to EPS and then import that into
Scribus, or export to bitmap (with the added side effect of reduced
quality and "raster artifacts" [pixelation]). Regarding color
management, I'd recommend you use the very latest snapshot of Scribus
available from the OpenSuSE repo (there is a Fedora yum repo for it)
because the one included in Fedora is quite outdated, and now largely
unsupported (v 1.3.4), then you may grab the package with ICC profiles
off Adobe's download section and install one of those ICC profiles into
scribus so you get a color managed window (it is NOT recommended to
install a printer ICC profile into Scribus unless you *REALLY* need it
and the target printer supports it). Then you can generate the desired
PDF and you may even embed an ICC profile into it to ensure proper
display/print, don't forget to select the desired target media when
generating the PDF!

my 2¢