[Echo] New image-missing icon set

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 20:53:23 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-01 at 02:39 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> Martin Sourada a écrit :
> > Yeah, this metaphor looks better to me. In 256x256 the paper has some
> > minor rendering issues and the outline should not be that thick, in
> > other sizes it's blurry.
> >

> Using the new paper-template, here is an update.
>
> Luya

I've slightly changed the 22x22 version of the paper template to be more
consistent with the other variants (basically I made it 1 pixel
shorter), you should update the image-missing too (the change is small
but makes it look better). When done I have no further comments. Don't
forget to hide the plate layer before commit (in the template SVG it is
displayed intentionally) ;-)

I also created a script for checking if the icon is ready for commit. I
attach it. Just extract it somewhere, cd to the echo-icon-check
directory and use it: echo-icon-check <path-to-icon-svg>. It should
detect all most obvious problems (and some of them prints as warnings,
the fatal ones as errors).

It will be included in the echo-artist-0.2.0 but I plan complete rewrite
of code for that release to better use what ruby can do, to have there
less duplicities and maybe even make a gtk front-end (but that will take
some time to do).

I appreciate feedback on it so that when its released officially, it
would be a really helpful utility. You can try to run it on the
paper-template I attached to see that it prints an error that plate
layer is not hidden and when you hide it it still complains about
missing group labelled scalable, which is OK for a template, but not for
an icon. ;-) I hope the printed errors are worded good enough...