Candidates for Fedora 10 CD/DVD sleeves

Ian Weller ianweller at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 02:00:27 UTC 2008

On Sun, Oct 05, 2008 at 09:46:09PM -0400, Jarod Wen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have just finished my first attempt: two candidates for the live cd,
> one for the install dvd.
>
> The style of the design follows the previous version used in Fedora 9.
> Most of the sources used in these design are from the source of Solar
> theme of Fedora 10. Since I am a newbie in design using Gimp and
> Inkscape, there are lots of learner's attempts... Please don't hesitate
> to give me any suggestions to improve the source files.
>
> You can find them from the link:
>
> http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/jarodwen/Fedora/10/sleeve_arts/sleeve_arts.html
>
> Sorry for using my own website since I am not familiar with the process
> on how to upload these files onto our wiki. And of course, I think they
> are still drafts. I need your advice to improve them.

If you've signed the CLA and are in one other group on FAS, you can use
your fedorapeople.org space. See
  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/fedorapeople.org
for more information.

To upload files using the wiki, use the "Upload file" link in the
toolbox in the sidebar. You have to be logged in to do this.

Otherwise, back to the art... very nice! For the CD cases it seems like
the "sun" isn't the same as the DVD case or the rest of the artwork...
could you check that?

I personally prefer the top one as opposed to the middle one for the CD
case.

You might want to use the MgOpen Modata font, as that's the font that
Fedora uses for pretty much everything in their designs. You can get it
installed by running
  yum install mgopen-fonts

Thanks for including sources, too! :D  Hope this all helps.

--
Ian Weller <ianweller at gmail.com>                  http://ianweller.org
GnuPG fingerprint:  E51E 0517 7A92 70A2 4226  B050 87ED 7C97 EFA8 4A36