Echo Icon Theme in F10?

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Tue Oct 14 07:08:25 UTC 2008

Hi Luya.

----- "Luya Tshimbalanga" <luya at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Quoting Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu>:
> >
> > fyi, the kde-sig has chosen to *not* use echo (as default) for
> kde(1) in
> > F-10,
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE/Meetings/2008-09-30
> > There's simply too much missing/broken, and not enough man
> power/time to
> > find and fix it satisfactorily in time for release.
> >
> > I do continue to applaud the efforts here.
> >
> > -- Rex
>
> Thank you, Rex. The decision from kde-sig has been expected
> considering the lack
> of manpower to check KDE side for Fedora 10 (Martin and I are
> primarily Gnome
> users) as you stated. It will be nice get one of kde-sig members to
> keep track
> inside Echo icon website[1] for future Fedora release.

I prepared our own wiki page[1] to track missing Echo icons
for KDE 4. After decision not to use Echo for F 10 I'm not
currently working on it, there are other tasks to be done now.
But it is still our goal to have Echo for F 11. So I can take care
about Echo for KDE.
We (KDE SIG) are doing nearly everything ourselves with limited manpower
so it is more difficult to stay in touch.