Fedora 10 promo video (draft)

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 02:19:32 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-15 at 02:15 +0200, Paolo Leoni wrote:
> A little idea about a "promo" video for Fedora 10:
>
> http://pleoni.altervista.org/works_files/fedora_10_promo_1.ogg
>

> Source informations:
>
> - "Blue Sun" animation was downloaded from SOHO main website, this is
> the copyright notice:
> http://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/data/summary/copyright.html
>
> - The song is titled "musiquette" and was downloaded from Jamendo, from
> this album: http://www.jamendo.com/it/album/1749
>
> The software used for video editing is "Kino".

This was pretty nice!  Some critical points:

* I think pointing out "Solar" when you use a sun for the backdrop is
probably unnecessary -- it's actually cooler to let the sun speak for
itself as our theme.

* The music is licensed as CC BY-NC-SA, which isn't appropriate for
Fedora.  Remixers need to be free to use the material commercially if
they want.  (Besides, I'd look for something where the performance
doesn't have so many wrong notes and "clams.")

On the whole I think this is a neat idea -- why not have a nice little
film if we have stock graphics to support it?  If you have the various
source files, you'll want to post them (or links to them).  Is Kino in
our repository?

--
Paul W. Frields