Solar backrounds - enable by default?

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 20:23:41 UTC 2008

Hi,

I've just built an updated solar-backgrounds package [1]. It now
contains all wallpapers available on wiki (16:10, 4:3, 5:4 and dual) for
all day times with the xml for choosing one appropriate for the current
time and date. I've bumped up the release to 0.90.0 and if everything is
OK and these will be final, I'll bump it again to 1.0.0 which should be
in Fedora 10 gold.

I noticed there is a brighter horizontal line in the dual screen
wallpapers at the left part of the wallpaper. Is that OK? I think it
should be fixed.

We need to enable them by default, I believe Mo is taking care of it?
There's one concern though - the size of the package is 37.4 MiB. Is
there a chance to make it smaller, or is it the best we can achieve?

Thanks,
Martin