F10 artwork questions

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 16 15:21:08 UTC 2008

Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
>>> As I understand, the final Solar images received OK and are ready for
>>> packaging. I am not familiar with the process of going from wiki to
>>> package.
>> OK, cc'ing logos maintainer.
>
> I just need a list of the files that need to be added to the
> fedora-logos package (along with where I can download them).

Well, I did an rpm -ql on the fedora-logos package, and
listed out the files that I know we're replacing for the
solar theme. It some cases the same image is in the package
under two different paths. Anywhere, here are all the paths:

1  - /boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz
2  - /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/boot/syslinux-splash.png
3  - /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/syslinux-vesa-splash.jpg
4  - /usr/share/anaconda/pixmaps/anaconda_header.png
5  - /usr/share/anaconda/pixmaps/progress_first-lowres.png
6  - /usr/share/anaconda/pixmaps/progress_first.png
7  - /usr/share/anaconda/pixmaps/splash.png
8  - /usr/share/anaconda/pixmaps/syslinux-splash.png
9  - /usr/share/firstboot/themes/fedora-waves/splash-small.png
10 - /usr/share/firstboot/themes/fedora-waves/firstboot-left.png
11 - /usr/share/gnome-screensaver/lock-dialog-system.png
12 - /usr/share/pixmaps/splash/gnome-splash.png
13 - /usr/share/pixmaps/splash

All the images are named according to the above (the
filenames, anyway) and in the following tar.gz:

https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/a/a9/Fedora-logos-artwork_solar.tar.gz

I also noticed these files in the fedora-logos package that
should probably be deleted:

1 -
/usr/share/firstboot/themes/fedora-waves/firstboot-header.png
2 -
/usr/share/firstboot/themes/fedora-waves/shadowman-round-48.png
3 - /usr/share/pixmaps/redhat/shadowman-round-48.png

One note is that the anaconda and syslinux images haven't
been tested...