Fedora Remix mark

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 20:54:38 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-16 at 15:49 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Jayme Ayres wrote:

> >> with
> >> I just don't agree with that. Maybe it will seem better when
> >> the r and x are giving more padding?
> >

> > See this example.
>
> I just don't like the squared corners. They don't seem to
> fit with the logo at all.

I think rounded is a much more unifying design; it fits not just with
the Fedora logo font but also the MgOpen Modata font design too, and
seems thematically joined with the Infinity logo and many of our other
collateral designs like the FUDCon logo.

I also know that while I was originally a proponent of the use of an
exclamation mark '!' in the word "remix" to provide more cowbell, my
discussions with legal folks since then indicates that might not be a
wise move.  If people start writing "Fedora Rem!x" in general text as
opposed to "Fedora Remix," there's the risk of brand erosion.  Using the
"remix" word without the exclamation mark doesn't involve that risk, so
as much as I hate to stick my nose in here, we may have to put the
kibosh on that particular design detail. :-\

Sorry I introduced that concept into the mix -- sometimes my idle
ideating is too much too soon!

--
Paul W. Frields