Fedora Remix mark

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 17 15:39:40 UTC 2008

Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-10-17 at 11:13 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
>> Paul W. Frields wrote:
>>> Very nice!
>> Way to go! I think these look great.
>>
>> Using this, here's my stab at an initial (albeit sparse) set
>> of guidelines:
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/2/29/Fedora_secondary_logo_draft_guidelines.png
>>
>> (I changed the blue lozenge to the lighter Fedora blue so it
>> would stand out on dark backgrounds better.)
>
> Super work!  A couple corrections --
>
> * Remixers are permitted to use transparency for filling the "remix"
> word where desired.  Counsel specifically agreed to this.

In practice it doesn't actually work that well. For 9 of the
10 background colors I used (the only one it really worked
for was black) you could hardly read "remix".

> * The "recommended" palette should be marked as "approved" instead --
> unfortunately we don't have the option to allow an arbitrary color
> choice.

Oh I thought we had decided on a recommended palette and
were able to give folks the option to choose other colors?
So it's impossible for them to use osther colors?