Bug 468277 - Solar: progress bar seems out of place

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Fri Oct 24 14:46:14 UTC 2008

----- "Máirín Duffy" <duffy at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Hey Charlie,
>
> Charlie Brej wrote:
> > Actually the planets are no longer there because they dont give a
> clear
> > indication of the progress. I removed them since taking the
> screenshots.
> > I'm just playing with using the planet image but its not that good:
> > http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~brejc8/temp/progress_bar3.jpg
>
> Can you use the white version of the Fedora logotype instead
> of the blue? We don't normally allow a glow behind the logo.
> I'll send you a copy of the white logo privately. If there
> isn't enough contrast for the logomark/infinity symbol in
> the upper left corner mraybe try the lower left corner?
>
> What kind of specifications do you have for the artwork for
> the progress bar? Can you use just a flat image for the
> background? I could take a shot at putting something together?

For KDE splash we have small progress bar which should evoke
comet in the space with Fedora logo. And of course there
are other small comets and stars flashing around :)
Just like Solar system ;-)

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/8924/screenshot1xq4.png

R.
---
Jaroslav Reznik <jreznik at redhat.com>
Software Engineer - Base OS Core Services Brno
Red Hat, Inc.
+420 532 294 275