Bug 468277 - Solar: progress bar seems out of place

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 24 15:42:18 UTC 2008

Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Máirín Duffy wrote:
>> I just asked spot to add this to the fedora-logos package.
>> It looks like this on a dark blue background:
>> http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/temp/fedoralogo_white_shaded2.png
>>
>> this is what will be packaged though:
>> http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/temp/fedoralogo_white_shaded.png
>>
>> Is this something that will work against the background
>> Charlie? (If not I can try a few tricks to make it stand out)
>>
>> I asked spot to have it install at:
>> /usr/share/pixmaps/fedora-logo-fancy.png
>>
>> What do you think?
>
> Indeed, they are fancy, but will you change the logo guidelines to allow
> them?

Right now I approve this on a case-by-case basis (the one
Ray sent me though, I'm not sure where it comes from but it
was never submitted for approval)

I think rather than changing the guidelines, what we should
do is decide on one we like and just make it a standard that
is part of the guidelines and shipped in the logo packs we
send out.

I think there is too much room for error for bad gradients
so we should just say, don't do it unless you use this one
kind of thing.

What do you think?