Artwork Quality (was Re: Sound themes)

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Thu Oct 30 01:22:38 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-29 at 09:37 +0200, Nicu Buculei wrote:

> I am not sure I am reading this right, but it may be the intention for a
> "Desktop" spin with a different target audience than the rest of the distro.

I honestly don't think that the 'rest of the distro' has any clearly
defined target audience. But 'open source enthusiast' is probably a
fairly good description for most of the package maintainers, so if they
are just targeting themselves, they are doing ok in therms of that
target definition. All of the specialized spins, on the other hand,
probably have a different target audience in mind. I don't think the
desktop is special in that respect.

> Then good thing we started a "Wallpaper Extras" collection in the wiki,
> hopefully we will be able to select a few good ones from there. Maybe we
> should advertise the project more to get more and hopefully better
> contributions.

Yes, that would be very nice. It would be great to replace the FC1 era
backgrounds we currently ship with a subset of those.