Artwork Quality (was Re: Sound themes)

William Jon McCann william.jon.mccann at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 14:09:12 UTC 2008

Hey,

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 4:03 AM, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro> wrote:
> Matthias Clasen wrote:
>>
>> Jon invested a significant amount of work in a comparison of OS
>> background images, and sent the document to this list. Is that
>> participating in the process ? I guess not. But it was an attempt to
>> influence the outcome of the process for the better.
>
> Sorry, but *not*.
> Jon wrote that piece half year ago (in May) and published it on his blog
> which is aggregated *only* on Planet Gnome. He didn't brought it on either
> fedora-desktop or fedora-art. So I qualify it as outside of the process.
> The talked here about it for the first time only a few days ago, roughly 6
> months after publishing.

Just for the record, you are being disingenuous.

Matthias mentioned it on this list before I could:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/2008-May/msg00200.html

It was even mentioned in the Fedora Weekly News:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FWN/Issue129
(and says that you were the author of that section)

At that time I *was* syndicated on planet fedora.  Seth Vidal added me
on Apr 14.  That was before the new account system kicked in or
something.

Also a little shocking that you consider planet gnome outside your community.

Dude, seriously.

Jon