Good news about Echo

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 16:22:59 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-09-05 at 09:35 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> I'm here... So, I think we need to act quickly to make Echo the default
> for the beta, to test the waters before F10. For Gnome, the way to do
> that is to change the inheritance of the Fedora icon theme to pull in
> Echo instead of Mist.

Definitely, that would be the preferred way of doing it.

> Wrt to coverage, I have worked pretty hard this cycle to make Gnome use
> icon-naming-spec names wherever possible, so things should be good as
> long as Echo has near-100% coverage for
>
> a) icon-naming spec
Won't be easy, but we should be able to make it in time...

> b) GTK+ stock icons
Not sure about that, I'll probably need to look into gnome-icon-theme to
see which are still missing.

> c) application icons that show up in the menus of the default install

We are currently making icons for the System menus which has currently
very bad coverage in all icon themes so far. We should be able to finish
the System -> Administration menu soon.

> I can look into doing the fedora-icon-theme change.

That would be great!