Criteria for theme selection

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Tue Sep 9 14:36:04 UTC 2008

Hi,

Since our deadline to choose a theme is Sep 21 I would like to make sure
before that point the criteria for selection are clear.

Our base requirements is that the theme must have all required artwork
needed for round 3.

We have not yet had a case where more than one theme met this basic
requirement. In case we do have multiple themes that meet this
requirement, we need a fair method to choose which theme is selected as
the default.

Some ideas:

- I believe Nicu suggested at one point that the number of people
involved in creating the theme should be a selection factor, as the art
team is a community effort.

- I think perhaps setting up a vote could also be useful. The vote could
be restricted to currently-active art team contributors and/or it could
be opened to the whole set of Fedora accounts.

- We could let FESCO decide.

My suggestion is that we have a vote within the set of active Fedora art
team contributors. The problem is how do we determine who is allowed in
this vote - who is active?

We could do:

- anyone who contributed a theme idea or artwork throughout the 3 round
process
- anyone who has contributed a design to the art team (via the design
queue, echo theme, or art theme process) in the past 6 months (the
fedora 9 release period)
- anyone who is in the art group in the account system (i don't think we
have cleaned this out yet though and there are a few inactive accounts
still I think)

What do you all think?