[Echo] New system-root-password icon set draft

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 08:27:51 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-11 at 00:48 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> First draft of that set.  Details have been intentionally left thougt it
> will be added on
> huge sized icon (256x256).
>

> Luya

Good. Some comments:
        * the 16x16 is not symmetric, which makes it looks a little bit
        strange
        * on the top of the front face in 256x256, the backgrounds leaks
        in, please fix that
        * I don't like the border in 256x256, could you do it
        traditionally with duplicating the shield, putting it below the
        actual shield and setting border to 1.5-2px with ~0.3 opacity
        and dark orange/brown colour?
        * Generally, I think the border should have been dark
        orange/brown, not metallic
        * Something feels a little bit strange about the shadow for me,
        could you try adding it more bellow the icon than behind it?

Some details might be good ;-)

Martin

PS: IIRC, this is the last icon for System -> Administration in queue,
so next we can move to
https://fedorahosted.org/echo-icon-theme/wiki/ToDo/BaseSet