F10 Theme proposals

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Sep 16 07:54:21 UTC 2008

Michael Beckwith wrote:
> This is an idea that came up by someone in #fedora-social. How about, no
> matter which of the 4 themes wins and becomes "default", they all go on
> the default install and are available to those who's favorite didn't
> "win" the default slot. I think this would be a good idea and a good nod
> to everyone's hard work, and an acknowledgement of the fact.

That won't work as a "theme" is more than a "wallpaper". We can include
a few wallpapers and let the user change them, but can't do that for
Anaconda, GRUB, Syslinux, GDM, DE splashes and so.

> I realize size can be an issue, especially in the live CD image area,
> and I'm not quite sure how to get around that issue, but with the DVD
> installs, there's likely going to be plenty of room available.

You probably know Martin started a Wallpaper Extras gallery, so they
could so in there (it is till time to propose that package for F10?)