[Ech0] Features for Fedora 10 Beta

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Sep 16 13:22:16 UTC 2008

Andreas Nilsson wrote:
> Would it be suitable to mention on the wiki under Benefits where it says:
> "A unique set of icon that combines elegance and usability."
> That it will also mean a drawback in terms of integration on Fedora for
> 3rd party developers such as Mozilla [1], Medsphere [2] and VMWare [3]?

* VMware is closed source software, outside of the Fedora mission, so it
does not matter;
* I doubt that Medsphere OpenVista should be a blocker, it does not like
a software I would recommend to be run on Fedora;
* by Mozilla I guess you mean Firefox, as Thunderbird and Seamonkey do
not use the GNOME icon theme anyway. After covering the base icons, I
think the most obvious goal for Echo is to cover the Firefox icons.

I don't think integration with 3rd party applications should be a
concern, otherwise we are going to a slippery slope and may get to think
  about consistency with Windows icons (via Wine).