[Ech0] Features for Fedora 10 Beta

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Sep 19 20:14:47 UTC 2008

Andreas Nilsson wrote:

> The reason for my concerns was because some kind of predictability in
> the look of feel across distros was the reason Mozilla agreed to do
> Linux visual integration in the first place (the alternative was keep on
> using the WinXP style).
> http://www.beltzner.ca/mike/archives/2007/10/11/giving_the_penguin_a_makeover.html

Predictability can only be achieved by having everyone adopt the same
look which I don't think is going to happen. What you really want is
integration instead.

Mozilla integrates well with the current theme (atleast for GNOME and
Xfce) which is what we really want ISV's to be doing as well. You can
clearly see that the current icon and set is being used by Firefox in
the different screenshots from Fedora, Ubuntu etc. If they don't do
proper integration and simply copy and use some icons, I would consider
this a con for the ISV's.

Rahul