Echo vs the destkop

Máirín Duffy mairin at linuxgrrl.com
Wed Sep 24 02:09:47 UTC 2008

Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-09-23 at 18:22 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
>> Bill Nottingham a écrit :
>>> Looking at the desktop now (beta), I see:
>>>
>>> - at least three different icon perspectives in the stock menus
>>>   (echo, 'stock', bluecurve)
>>>
>> I think Bluecurve mix are desktop bug. Current Fedora default theme used
>> Bluecurve from some applications, same issue occurs on all icons theme.
>>> - nearly all 'upstream' gnome apps using non-echo style icons
>
> Please point out where we still have bluecurve icons in the default
> install. I don't see how that would happen. The inheritance of the
> Fedora icon theme in rawhide is:
>
> Fedora - Echo - Mist - gnome (- hicolor)

I have seen bluecurve icons in rawhide's applications menu, but I think
they are there because the 'upstream' apps use bluecurve style icons.
For example, the SELinux Troubleshooter and the SELinux Management Tool.
I think those should either be replaced with Echo icons or overrided
with Echo icons when Echo is installed, right?